Grid of neighbored sections are not sharing same gridpoints after BlockRanger

Hello everyone,
when I create the mesh with BlockRanger for different geometries the mesh between two sections is not ‘conformal’. My Problem is that the elements of the tunnel shell (‘Schale’) and the surrounding Soil (‘ALZ’) are not charing the same grid points as seen in the picture bellow.
Any hints to improve the grid generation?

Dear Sen,
would you be so kind as to provide the Rhino file with the geometries to us? You can send them to software@itasca.de.

Regards,
Nils

Dear Sen, thanks for providing the data to me.
The created blockranger model is not conformal due to the fact that the initial polysurfaces do not match each other. If you have a look at the figure below you can see the “control points” of the polysurface. You can turn those on using “SolidPtOn”. For those polysurfaces to create a conformal mesh you would need to have the grey polysurface to have a control point at the corner of the green polysurfaces (area above the red line).

The easiest way of creating that is splitting the objects differently so that the “control points” of the polysurfaces match. As can be seen in the file that I sent via mail.

Regards,
Nils

Hello Bro!
I hope you will be fine. can you please help me in using Griddle?

Hello Asad,

Please be more precise with your request (pictures, description of the problem, code, etc.). Also, it would be best if you open a new topic.

Many greetings
Nils

Dear Nils
Can you please share your griddle license with me if you have it for two PCs. I can pay you though

Thanksgiving in advance

@Asad, if you wish to purchase Griddle license, please contact one of the Itasca offices to request a quote. A sales representative from an Itasca office covering your region will respond to you.

In this forum we discuss technical questions. If you have a specific technical question, please create a separate topic for it, so the community of users or Itascans can help you with it.

I will use this topic for my request since it’s pretty similar. Maybe a mod is able to separate the post. I’m not allowed to create a new one.

I’m currently experimenting with Blockrange what is possible an what not to create simulation geometries.
I discovered 2 issues that i wanted to adress:

• Rhino will produce not 100% accurate edges with Boolansplit especially with long objects. Later reorientation of the corners is a challenging task. Some kind of tolerance for surfaces that are detected as conformal would be super helpfull. In my case the deviation was 1305 Mircons after 50m.

• Dubedge and Name for the element size is super helpfull. What would be “mega” helpfull would be the possibility to add an elementdisortion or split the line into smaller lines and apply elementnumbers to them.

Best Regards, David