Heat Conduction Across Block Interfaces

I am interested in heat conduction across the interface between two blocks. I have created two block in Rhino and generated volume meshes using Griddle. I have then imported the two adjacent blocks into 3DEC. I am heating the base of one block and I am hoping to be able to have heat conduction occur across the interface between the two blocks. So far when I heat the bottom block heat is not conducted to the upper block even though they are in contact with each other (see attached images). I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to have heat conduction across the interface of two separate blocks assuming they are sufficiently close to each other?

2. Do I need to setup some kind of interface between the two blocks and apply thermal properties? I see that subcontacts have been assigned to the interface but I am wondering if I need to apply thermal properties to them and if so how I do that.

Thanks!

There is a bug in the heat conduction for deformable blocks created in Griddle. This has been fixed and will be in the next update.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Jim. Glad to hear that it has been fixed and will be available in the next update. Do you happen to have an estimate for when the next update will be available?

can you also share the code here to be able to see better and comment on your question? I made the following model with fluid and temperature in the jointed medium in 3DEC 7.0 fluid flow in fractured network, 3DEC platform - YouTube