Help needed...Initialize stress for equillibrium (mohr-coulomb layer below modified cam clay layers)

Hello @itascan @everyone
I am trying to model a pile in the soft soil (modified cam clay model) with its end slightly embedded into a relatively siffer layer (Gravel, i.e mohr-coulomb model). I am able to initialize the stress condition in the modified cam clay model using the ‘func’ as attached but for bottom layer (mohr-coulomb), I am not able to initialize stress condition.
I tried to do it from manual calculation and using table for that range group but it is not working. Also 'zone initialize stress ’ command didn’t work…
how would you all apply initial stress condition in such such for the bottom layer as shown in the attached photographs?

@Newuser
In the code you provided you initialize the stresses with the zone initialize-stresses ratio command. This initializes the stresses in all zones and your FISH function just sets Cam-Clay properties based on this initial state of stress. The command will also initialize the stresses in the Mohr-Coulomb material. I am really unsure what you mean by zone initialize stress command does not work?

Also, here is a good forum post that may help you - Inialization of principal stresses for plastic-hardening model

1 Like

Thank you for clearing out my confusion.

I just would like to add that zone initialize-stresses initializes stresses based on gravitational loading and overburden stress, if any.

1 Like