Installation of certain Python extension modules

Hello,

I would like to import some external python packages into FLAC3D and this works so far with the following command:
pip install --target ‘C:\Program Files\Itasca\ItascaSoftware900\exe64\python310\Lib\site-packages’.
But when it comes to the package scikit-learn (import sklearn) FLAC3D gives me an ImportError (see uploaded png-file).
I also tried to install this package in the parent folders “python 310” and “Lib” as well as older versions of this package, but always the same error.
I really hope that one of you knows how to solve this problem.

Best regards,
Umer Fiaz.

Hi there!

I could not recreate the error with 3DEC7.

The curious thing is that your error mentions a Python 3.11 install _check_build.cp311-win_amd64.pyd.__init__.py which might be the problem.

May I suggest completely uninstalling then reinstalling using the following procedure?

In a cmd/powershell console, cd to the Itasca folder:

> cd "C:\Program Files\Itasca\ItascaSoftware900\exe64\python310"

Then make sure you are pointing to the right Python:

> .\python.exe -m pip --version
pip {a version number here} from C:\Program Files\Itasca\ItascaSoftware900\exe64\python310\lib\site-packages (python 3.10)

Clean your current install.
I suggest running the command twice since I did have some trouble when uninstalling only once with some other libs.

> .\python.exe -m pip uninstall scikit-learn

Finally, re-install

> .\python.exe -m pip install scikit-learn

The install should mention a wheel with cp310, possibly Downloading scikit_learn-1.5.1-cp310-cp310-win_amd64.whl.metadata.

Hopefully, the build with then be ok.

Let us know!

Regards

Theophile

2 Likes

Thank you, it’s working now!

Best regards,
Umer Fiaz.

Glad it worked!

Regards

Theophile