Pushover analysis in FLAC

Hi to all,

I would like to advance a so-called “pushover analysis” using FLAC 8.
In particular, I’m performing a slope stability analysis in which I’d like to replicate the dynamic action related to a water wave impact on the slope. The idea is to use the function apply sxx along the (i,j)-cells interested by the wave impact, by applying different values of stress (i.e., sxx) per each time-step of analysis.
So, my doubt is:
1. How can I concatenate sequentially all the time-steps of analysis?
Considering a time-step #1 in which a pressure sxx is applied to each (i,j)-cell according to a script like this one:

[…]
apply sxx 10000.0 from i1, j1 to i1, j2
apply sxx 8000.0 from i1, j3 to i1, j4
apply sxx 6000.0 from i1, j5 to i1, j6
apply sxx 4000.0 from i1, j7 to i1, j8
[…]
solve force 1E-2 sratio 0
save C:\Documents\ex_00.sav

How can I automatically perform a time-step #2 of analysis in, which, the applied pressures are different as follows:
[…]
apply sxx 5000.0 from i1, j1 to i1, j2
apply sxx 10000.0 from i1, j3 to i1, j4
apply sxx 2000.0 from i1, j5 to i1, j6
apply sxx 7000.0 from i1, j7 to i1, j8
[…]
solve force 1E-2 sratio 0
save C:\Documents\ex_01.sav

Thank you in advance for your support!

FF

You can put all all the time-steps of analysis data in the same datafile, and then call the datafile in FLAC.

Thank you jwang, much appreciated!

I’m moving forward with the model and I realized that it doesn’t make sense to reach the equilibrium using the solve command. In fact, my idea is to replicate the dynamic action of water waves impact on a slope by the use of a pushover analysis. This latter consists in reproduce the multiple and subsequent applied pressures on the slope, that, in “real-life” are related to a dynamic phenomena (which lasts approximately 30 seconds), but in the pushover analysis (i.e., FLAC model) I replicate these actions referring to separate (but subsequent) static calculation steps. However, it doesn’t make sense to reach the equilibrium, because it would mean considering the applied pressures not as instantaneous but as applied pressures acting over time.
So, I’m trying to use the step command instead that the solve one, but now the crucial question is: how many steps should I consider for my purpouses?
I’m not performing a creep analysis, so the steps are not directly referred to the real time.