Contact model for super-ellipsoidal particles

Can C++ codes which define the contact model for e.g. super-ellipsoidal particles be integrated into the PFC framework by using Python or any other interface? The codes define basic particle properties (mass, inertia moment and surface function), the contact detection algorithm and the contact law. All codes are written in C++ and supported by the Boost and Eigen C++ packages and developed by one of our researchers.
Thanks in advance!

I’m no expert on PFC, but since nobody else answered up to now: It is in principle possible to couple custom C++ code to the Itasca codes through Python using e.g. pybind. But it is tedious and hard to program the interface. I would suggest you directly contact Itasca directly and see if they have a more “official” way for you.

The bigger question for me would be, that if you have your own particle system, contact detection and contact law, what exactly do you need PFC for?

Dear Anjali,
I agree with Markus response. It could be possible to use rigid-blocks (with their motion being controlled by our DEM code) to detect contacts between your DEM super ellopsoids and the PFC components but I would rather use rigid blocks approximating the super-ellipsoids in PFC directly.
If you provide us with some more details about the task at hand, maybe we can make some further suggestions.
Regards,
Nils