Couping of PFC2D and FLAC2D

Can the structure elements in FLAC2D 6.0 such as cables be coupled or linked to PFC2D balls in a similar manner ti zone links in FLAC2D?

1 Like

Yes, but there is no any example available , You can do a test and call the STR.FIN file into FLAC, and use the two offsets below to apply the forces transferred from PFC on the struct nodes
$kndap1 = 25 ;X applied force
$kndap2 = 26 ;Y applied force

And use the following two offsets to send velocities to PFC.
$kndud1 = 5 ;X velocity
$kndud2 = 6 ;Y velocity

Thank you for this information. I still very confused about this method. I use PFC 2D 6.00.25 version. The FLAC 2D programe is embedded in PFC 2D 6.00.25, how can i call “str.fin” in FLAC alone. Also it seems like that the “str.fin” format can not be call. i use the code “structure cable create by-line (0,3.0) (0,6.0) segments 10” in PFC 2D 6.00.25 , but the structure related code can not be identified in PFC 2D 6.00.25 (Load FLAC 2D programe).

Sorry for the confusion. The FLAC 2D program is NOT embedded in PFC 2D. The two programs are running as separate processes, i.e. FLAC commands are still running in FLAC, and PFC commands are running in PFC. The two only exchange data using socket connections. In this case, you create structure elements along boundary in FLAC, the force and velocity data on the nodes can be exchanged with PFC via socket connections.

Thank you for this information. I mean whether the structure elements in FLAC2D 6.0 such as cables be coupled with the balls in PFC2D 6.0. i want to use the cable elements in FLAC2D 6.0 to reinforce the balls in PFC2D 6.0.