Bugs in Latest Itasca Software Version (24 July 2024)

I have updated my Itasca software to the latest version released on 24 July 2024, but I am encountering a few issues (in 3DEC):

1. When loading a saved file, I intermittently receive the error message: ‘invalid vector subscript’. I need to click “OK” multiple times to restore the saved file. I’m unsure if this issue is related to the software or my files.

error

1. In the plot interface, the query and measurement functions are not working as expected.

error2

I could see the first error in the previous version as well.

Any insights or solutions to these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.
Mahdi

The first problem is related to looking at plots while the model is restoring. The program sometimes tries to update the plots while the model is restoring and gives this error. In theory, this shouldn’t happen - if you can say which plot item it is, we can probably fix it. In the short term, just refrain from looking at plots while restoring.

Can you be more specific about the second problem?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the first error is not happening when I am restoring a file with fish.

Regarding the second issue, when I click to query a block (e.g., to get the block ID, position, etc.), it does not work. The same thing happens when I select the distance measurement tool to get the distance between two points in a plot.

Apart from 3DEC, this problem persists in both FLAC2D and FLAC3D. The query and measurement tools do not work.

This has been fixed in 171.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s fixed.