Contact (CMAT) Result Command

Hi everyone,

I am using the commands below to save the results files for certain intervals during simulation. I’m also looking into save results files for contacts but could not find the command. I am using only “active on” to save everything to the results files to use later to investigate model evaluation.

I checked all commands but could not find the solution. Do you have any suggestions for saving results for contact/cmat? Also, I am open to suggestions to save the entire model n number of cycles.

Thanks!

wall result active on
ball result active on
fracture result active on

Dear eneszengin

have you tryed out the “model result interval” command a similar approach might be the “model result mechanical” command as shown here:

http://docs.itascacg.com/pfc700/commoemphasized textn/kernel/doc/manual/model/commands/cmd_model.results.html#kwd:model.results.interval

It is also used within the “Hopper Discharge” tutorial and the “Hopper Flow” example.

Best regards,

Mussie

Hi Mussie,

Thanks for the suggestion but as I’m already using “model results interval”. As far as I know that you need to define what information needs to be included in results files following “model results interval”. My code block is like this.

model results interval step 1000
wall result active on 
ball result active on
fracture result active on

I just could not figure out how to add information about contacts into this.

Thanks!

… just a few additional question to the topic - which version of pfc are you using? what would you like to use your result files for (contact forces/moments, contact properties etc.)? - I might be wrong but I thought that ball attributes (and ball geometries) can be saved which might also tell you something about the contacts like:

model results interval step 1000
wall results active on
ball results add-attribute force-contact active on
fracture results active on

Best regards,

Mussie

1 Like

I’m using the latest version of PFC 7.0

I’m looking into contact force chain evolution under confinement. I will try force-contact.

Also, do you have any suggestions for saving fracture type to the results file? I check the attribute list and tried many of them but could not figure it out.

Thanks!